Account Manager-Retail-Southern California – Entry Level
Wild Republic is looking for a Retail Account Manager in Southern California. The Account Manager-Retail works within the retail/national division of Wild Republic. The Account Manager-Retail is a key player in aggressively expanding and executing the company’s market share growth strategies in the specialty retail market, seasonal, and tourism accounts. This role is responsible for prospecting and bringing in new accounts, building strong partnerships with existing customers, identifying opportunities to expand our products into their business, and providing excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Maintains a clear understanding of consultative sales, exploratory information-gathering techniques, conducting gap analysis and client project consultations.
- Ensures overall client satisfaction by maintaining active knowledge of customer needs and communicating those needs to the appropriate departments.
- Partners with cross-functional departments and teams to ensure customer needs are met, issues are resolved promptly, and to contribute to overall success for the business.
- Manages sales accounts in a manner that ensures that customer needs are understood and met.
- Builds business by communicating with customers through phone calls, emails, and in-person sales calls.
- Works with Customer Service department to ensure products are shipped in a timely manner to accounts.
- Works with planning to ensure product is ordered timely. Works with PD and China office to ensure projects are moving forward.
- Develops a strong comprehension of how to assist our retailers in growth profitability while also advancing Wild Republic’s reputation, positioning and growth.
- Works with the Credit Department to make sure that bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Leads in planning and implementing sales to customers and fosters account relationships. Ensures overall customer satisfaction. Travels as needed to customers and showrooms to work with customers.
- Prospects and brings in new accounts.
- Provides input to product development for new product needs of customers.
- Thorough knowledge of our products and our capabilities for developing custom products. Uses product
- knowledge to optimize sales with each customer. Understands the product market and uses this knowledge to increase personal credibility and product sales.
- Responsible for driving achievement of the overall sales plan. Achieves targeted objectives for revenue and profitability consistent with annual business plan.
- Sells Toys, Plush, and related products to assigned channels (specialty toy, hobby, craft, gift, hospitals, museums, parks, zoos, garden centers, travel centers, grocery, drug store, big box, and/or mass, as applicable, except those on the “do not call” list).
- Identifies and closes additional purchases of products by customers.
- Assists other departments as needed and completes other duties as may be assigned to contribute to the efforts of the team.
- Other duties assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Timely account management, including phone calls and reorders, to maintain customer rapport.
- Takes ownership of position and territory with demonstrated commitment to success.
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel, with the ability to effectively analyze data to make decisions.
- Strong consumer goods experience.
- Strong ability to understand our market and our customer needs.
- Thorough knowledge of our products and our capabilities for developing custom products. Uses that knowledge to optimize sales with each customer. Understands the product market and uses this knowledge to increase personal credibility and product sales. Keeps abreast of competitors’ activities and typically responds quickly to what the competition is doing.
- Works well independently and with minimal supervision while demonstrating initiative.
- Knowledge of current toy laws, safety testing and social audits.
- Strong analytical abilities, including the ability to collect and research data, and effectively analyze data to make decisions, while also retaining the ability to be a creative thinker.
- Good follow up skills and persistence to ensure customer receives desired product in a timely manner.
- Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them. Looks for new and productive ways to make an impact. Demonstrates this characteristic when it comes to generating new ideas or processes, capitalizing on new business opportunities, seeking out and taking on increasing responsibility or resolving problems as they occur. Uses sound judgment about when to take action and when to seek guidance or permission.
- Gains trust by demonstrating ethics and integrity in actions, maintaining confidentiality, and exercising appropriate discretion and judgment.
- Ability to effectively negotiate prices and other needs to achieve company objectives.
- Able to organize and plan tasks out according to the demands of the day.
- Understands and follows company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work appropriately and use time efficiently.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities and contributes to building a positive team spirit. Develops and maintains a strong working relationship with internal and external individuals and groups.
- Prioritizes tasks and manages time to ensure that deadlines are met. Plans his or her time and sticks to those plans. Prevents or manages interruptions until the highest priority tasks are accomplished.
- Travel 50%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting, Standing, walking, lifting up to 50lbs
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience in Sales.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Must demonstrate a flexible and collaborative approach to problem solving
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
- On January 20, 2020